Saturday, June 9, 2007

Alonso Extends His Contract With Liverpool-Says No To Other Clubs



Xabi Alonso recently extended his contract with Liverpool and has indirectly said NO to other clubs.The Spanish Midfielder who scored twice from half way line,is happy with Liverpool and will stay with them till 2012.I have embedded the youtube video below of the goal he scord.You can watch it from there.

It seems that Alonso is really happy with the present club and wants to stay here longer.Liverpool FC fans are really happy with this.
According to BBC,Alonso said:

# I knew there was interest from other clubs but it was always my idea to stay here. It's a special club and I just didn't want to leave.

# The more top-quality players we have then the better the level of the team will be and I'm confident I can play a lot of minutes on the pitch and keep the confidence of the manager.

Other than Alonso,Gerrard and Carragher has also extended their contract with Liverpool.
Not to forget,Pepe Reina also extended his contract.

Xabi Alonso's Half Way Goal:



Enjoy.

No comments: